Sunday 11 March 2012

Courage To Try

Hi there!

When was the last time you thought about trying something new? What was it? Did actually you try it out? How did you feel when you followed through?

If you've been reading my blog you will notice that I've been in a season of trying some new things. I've only mentioned a few. There are more. I'm really starting to get the hang of it! :)

We are creatures of habit. We often do the same thing over and over again simply out of habit - even when we're tired of it. Sometimes we 'wish' our lives were different or that we could change things. We want to do something great; something that changes the world or at least the world of another for the better. The truth is that we all have the potential within us to do great things!

Albert Einstein said the definition of insanity is "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

It takes courage to try something new. There have been times in my life that I've not followed through in doing some of the things God has called me to do because of fear; fear of the unknown, fear of failure and fear of what others might think. I will not allow fear to hold me back from doing what God has called me to do any longer!

Recently, I read some quotes about courage and thought I'd share them with you.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear." Nelson Mandela

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." Ambrose Redmoon

"If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it." Michael Jordan

"You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor." Aristotle

Not only must we believe in our ability to make a difference in our lives and the lives of others, we sometimes need reminding that God believes in us too!

So, join me in trying something new! Do something you've never done before, even if it is small! We all have to start somewhere! :)

Enjoy the journey!

Blessings,

Crystal

1 comment:

  1. So helpful Crystal! Some things seem so tough but with God He challenges us to step out & keep going! Your quotes & encouraging words are a great help.keep up the gr8 work & songwriting. Love n prayers.NickyP (Australia :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.