Sunday 22 May 2016

The Joy Of Sharing Your Faith - Testimonies Included!!!

Hello again!

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. As mentioned at the top, it was revamp and resurrection time! I felt prompted by Holy Spirit this afternoon to begin writing and sharing again, only this time, with a new focus: Share my personal experiences as I share the love of God with people. Simple.

This last week I sensed I needed to pull away from watching TV and being entertained (yes it's been a problem) and instead, spend more time with the Lord listening, reading his word and the like. So I did. Oh ya, and I also binge-watched videos of an awesome preacher just preaching the simple truth of the gospel on You Tube. :) It was a life altering, paradigm shifting week to say the least!! I was reawakened to the love of God and his acceptance of me and the necessity to share His heart and love with others. I realized that I was so stuck in the happenings of my own life and how selfish I truly have been. Wow! To be honest, things have often felt pretty depressing as I haven't been physically well for a long time. I know God is my healer and I am believing for the outworking of complete healing. I believe his word and receive it by faith. In addition to the health issues, the challenges my husband and I have continued to face throughout our marriage of two and a half years have been less than desirable. Hubby and I are good but our circumstances have often been overwhelmingly difficult and very much beyond our control most of the time. What I'm saying is that we all have our own struggles and challenges but we must learn to adjust our perspective of them, live according to God's truth (and not according to how we feel) and carry on our mission by His very sufficient grace. What better way to do this then to fall in love with Jesus over and over again every day by spending more time with him and by sharing His love with others?

Since this shift, I have stepped out to bless others several times and the result has been wonderful! People have been blessed and touched as have I! I feel like a new person with so much life, hope and joy! I'm not talking about preaching from every street corner here, I'm talking about going about my day with the awareness that every person in front of me is the object of God's affection. I don't need to feel 'led' in order to love someone, pray for them, buy their groceries, share a meal, etc. Jesus already told us to go. It's not just about getting people to say a prayer to get into heaven but about them having an encounter with a loving God who cares about their situation.

Paul says, "I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ." Philemon 1:6

Did you catch that? Paul talks about the benefits of sharing your faith - a full understanding of all we have in Jesus! Wow! Who knew?!!! Amazingly, I can totally relate to this. As I have been a light wherever I've gone, the understanding of the grace, mercy and goodness of God is so amazing I become more in love with Jesus and only want to do more.

I promised some testimonies. Below are some examples of acts of kindness and sharing that I (and my hubby for some also) did just in the last three days. Please understand that this is not a brag-a-thon. I only hope to encourage you to become more aware of others around you, to step out and to be a conduit for the love of the Father to flow through. :)

*Made a meal for an elderly couple in my neighborhood. They were so touched. The wife was in tears. They both have health issues and they have a family member struggling with suicidal tendencies and I was able to pray for them. We all hugged several times and they thanked me over and over again.

*Brought a housewarming gift to a friend in my neighborhood.

*Volunteered to feed a relative's cat while they were away. They were so blessed and grateful as they didn't know what they were going to do with their cat.

*Helped love on a brother by cleaning his home as he was unable to due to severe pain. He was super blessed and thankful.

*Spoke to a cashier while buying groceries. Told her God loved her and thought she was amazing. She blushed and was grinning from ear to ear. So sweet as her countenance is often down and she is sometimes 'prickly'.

*Gave a 60% tip to a waitress who I later found out had worked more than a 12 hour day. *note: Christians are often known to waiters/waitresses as the cheapest customers of all on Sundays. :)

*Gave a stranger carrying bags of groceries in the pouring rain a ride home. We found out he is from the Congo and he lives in the complex directly across from us. Now we can invite him and his family over for a meal! As he was getting out of the car we said, "God bless you," and he said, "thank you, thanks God."

Being kind and doing good to others is so much fun!!!

Blessings to you as you step out!

Crystal








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.